Article 300A in the Case Sant Ram v. Labh Singh (AIR 1965 SC 314) states that…
- Right to Property Protection:
- Article 300A of the Indian Constitution provides protection for an individual’s right to property.
- Limitations on the Right:
- The article imposes restrictions on the government’s power to acquire private property, ensuring fairness and just compensation for property owners.
- Balance Between Individuals and State:
- Article 300A helps strike a balance between individual property rights and the state’s ability to acquire property for public welfare.
- Importance in Property Disputes:
- In property-related cases like Sant Ram v. Labh Singh, Article 300A plays a significant role in ensuring that property rights are upheld and protected by law.
In the Sant Ram v. Labh Singh case, although Article 300A wasn’t directly cited, the fundamental principles of property rights and protections were implicit in the court’s judgment. The case underscored the importance of respecting property rights and ensuring that property disputes are resolved in adherence to these constitutional principles.